Sunday 12 June 2011

Flowers...

One of the things I've enjoyed doing over the last week 
was putting together the flowers in the church. 
My name had come up on the roster, so I went into the flower markets 
early on Friday morning to be inspired.
I enjoy finding something a little different to work with, but on Friday there was only one thing that stood out to me in this way. 
Bundles of willow twigs. 
Not just any willow twigs.
The colour in these willow twigs was amazing!!!
One side of the branch was firey red and the other side sunshine yellow! 
It made me think a bright sunset shining through an autumn-infused tree. 
If I bought these to work with, I knew that I would end up making an arrangement that was unusual - and probably not liked by everyone - but I couldn't help it! 
I just had to give it a go!
So after buying a bundle of willow and finding several shades of snapdragons to add to it, I left the markets; dubious as to whether I could make an arrangement I was happy with.
Here is the result!
(Grateful thanks must be given to Stephen Lau for taking these awesome photos for me~ you rock!!!)

So, what is your opinion on them?



This is my favourite photo!




1 comment: