Tuesday 8 March 2011

Tarquin

It has been a while since I have made a consistent effort to report my God Sightings to you. Part of it is that I have been really busy, but part of it is that I'm really not paying enough attention to it. Other things have been consuming my mind. And in all honesty, I don't think it has been very healthy.

In the last few months, there have been things in my life that have broken my heart. But even in this, God has been walking with me. He blessed me with a cute flat to live in, which is so close to church, great coffee, good florists, is surrounded by trees, lots of beautiful bird songs can be heard, but MOST importantly allows me to have Tarquin with me.

I've treasured coming home to Tarquin's welcoming meow. Sitting on the couch and having him come and sit with me the next moment, having dinner with Tarquin beside me and even having his whiskers shoved in my face at 3am, demanding to get under the covers. Incidentally, recently he has taken to 'pawing' my face. He puts his whiskers in my face, but I've ignored them, so to make his point, he 'paws' at my face - right where the covers are! I'm always amazed how insistent, yet gentle he is - he could easily scratch me.

Anyway, enough ranting on about my treasure, Tarquin. The point is, he has consistently been a God Sighting to me over the last few months. I have regularly thanked God for him, allowing me to not be entirely alone.

Let me share some photos.

That is my leg that Tarquin is cuddled up against! That night, my leg was his pillow!
This is one of Tarquin's favourite positions. 
He crawls up as close to my face as he can, then finds a way to curl up.

No comments:

Post a Comment