Thursday 23 September 2010

Cupcake Baking Party



The day finally came when I had time to bake! The result was several enjoyable hours of creaming, beating (thanks so much for lending me your awesome cake mixer Rach!), baking and decorating divine vanilla cupcakes. It was my first official venture into the craze for cupcake baking, and I must say it was a little addictive!

Look at how smooth the creamed butter and sugar looks!

How fluffy and light was the cake mixture?!?!

The glossy sheen on the cupcakes as they were ready to go in the oven was so divine (they were meringue-like)!

As lovely as this part was... it was only portion of the process. Each one was personally styled to create a 100's&1000's skirted buttercream icing that left you gazing longingly at the cupcake wondering should I just admire it or take a bite.


P.S. Once you ventured to take a bite, the light & sweet texture of these cakes filling your mouth was heavenly.

1 comment: