Monday 6 December 2010

One of those days

So today has been one of those days. I went to sleep feeling bad last night and woke up feeling the same way. I have really wanted to contact Geoff and been really struggling with the fact that I can't and I have to stop loving him. To try and distract my mind, I decided to get up and go get coffee. I did this, but found that it didn't help my thought life at all. After coming back (and nearly texting him), I felt the only way I was going to do something productive was to get out of the house. So I showered, got dressed and drove to Hornsby station. I bought a return ticket to the city, thinking it had been a long time since I'd been. If I could cope with the heat I would walk through Hyde Park or the Botanical Gardens, if not, the QVB would be beautiful this time of year.


I was pleased to find a train to the city leaving in 10 mins. As I was a little early I waited on the train, only to hear two messages. Firstly, the train has been delayed, and then emergency evacuation of Hornsby Station! This was no drill, as when we arrived at the entrance of the station there were a dozen police turning people away, not only from the trains but with the instruction to leave the station and go to the mall. I found myself sick to the stomach and faint for the next hour. Going to the city never happened. 


Once I could stand up for more than 2 minutes without feeling like I would throw up, I went to get my fare refunded and decided I would go to see the Harry Potter movie that I have wanted to see for about 3 weeks. I had a free ticket and wanted to use that. When I got there, they said I had to purchase the ticket online to get the free ticket. As I had 45 minutes until the next session, I sat down with my phone and tried to book the ticket online. 45 minutes later I still had not achieved this. So, I decided to go home. There was not much point staying there.


I did nap a bit once getting home and had some dinner. Now I'm thinking about putting up my Christmas tree. At least do something today that will be nice and turn out right.


I hope your day has turned out better than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment