Saturday 11 December 2010

Spider Spinners

I look at my blog and feel like I haven't been blogging well for the last few weeks. I've felt quite low since I said goodbye to him. Things just haven't seemed as bright. 


Today, I ran a prop making day in at church for the Kids Outreach program in January. I only had a couple of people come to help. It was encouraging that there were those few, I was a bit worried that there wouldn't be any, yet it was disappointing that there weren't any more either. However, as a result I have the letterbox drop sorted out. It was great that I could give very a brief explanation to one of the guys and he could do it with very little help.  I have a feeling that I should get some more brochures printed. 
I then had the two guys who were there figure out how to seal a plastic tube to make miniature bottles and and make a tiny boat that can fit inside. We found an origami boat that looks like it will work well and we are still trying to seal up the bottles. I'll try to get some pictures up soon (everything is better with pictures). 
Finally, I had the girls work together to make over 100 craft bags for Spider spinners. They will be used as a teaching craft on the final day of the program. It was encouraging to bring a box filled with ready-made craft bags for this activity into my office. 
One down, another 4 or 5 (times 120) to go!


Now I'm packing up the mess and have to decide if I will play in the church Orchestra that is going to Hope Street to play Christmas carols. I've been see-sawing about doing it all week. I haven't felt a really passion to do it this year. Maybe it has something to do with the grieving process. 


I still miss Geoff. Massively.


Today, I wished I had been able to talk through the things we were preparing to get his logical mind to work on it. He always finds the best solution or verifies that I have worked out the right solution. It would have been even better to have him here helping out. Either way, it was not and will not happen. Unless by some miracle he decides to talk with me and try to work this all out. I need to trust that God is in control of this - even though it hurts and is a great disappointment (even expected disappointments hurt).

No comments:

Post a Comment