Friday 1 October 2010

Some creation to add to the box

This week's been a bit of a downer for me. No real reason - just don't feel great. It's harder to see beauty around me when this is the case, so I'm going to put up a couple of things I've seen over the last couple of weeks that I haven't added.

At the conference this week, there was a Bowerbird that had made it's nest right near the cabin I was in. If you don't know anything about Bowerbird's, the male makes the nest and decorates it, hoping to attract a mate. The male is black - like a small crow - but in the sun is iridescent blue! As you can see from the pictures below this Bowerbird has found bright blue 'rope' and put it around his nest. There were stolen blue pegs too :). The nest itself is the vertical twigs with the tunnel in the middle. Mr Bowerbird is in the nest in this photo.




So you will have seen my earlier veggie box post, well about a week ago, I pulled up the rest of my carrots - and have a look at what I found in the bunch.
The are so entwined that I am not going to be able to separate them without breaking them away from each other!!!!!

I love purple, and a couple of weeks ago I was waiting to cross the road at some traffic lights, and have a look at the bower of purple hanging over the fence.


Finally, the most beautiful thing that I've had happen, I don't have a photo of. When I arrived home from my conference on Wednesday evening, Tarquin came out to see me. He followed me around for the rest of the night and took every opportunity he could to cuddle up with me and purr loudly. He is an enormous blessing to me. I don't think I've posted a photo of him on here yet, so I've got one I took about a month ago of him enjoying one of my pillows and the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment