Wednesday 13 October 2010

Weigh-In

So today was my first 'weigh-in' day with my Personal Trainer. I wasn't exactly nervous, but didn't know what to expect. I've had a bad cold for the last couple of days and so I hadn't managed any exercise.
I lost 2 kgs!!!!!
Exactly.


The last week has been really tough for me. And I can't remember the last time I was grouchy for so long. I know I can be depressed, but not a grouch for more than a day. Things have been getting slightly better as the week wore on, however I think that is something that I need see change (ie. no grouchiness) for me to be able to maintain a weight-loss program and healthy lifestyle program in the long-term. I still need to give it a couple of weeks, as my body is still settling into a very new routine (with both food and exercise) - so I apologise in advance for any grouchiness that may come your way in the next couple of weeks.


Each week, I set a goal to achieve. As most of my grouchiness is due to the changes in my diet, frustrations in knowing what to eat when and eating really late (like 10pm) because it takes longer to prepare things, my goal this week aims at trying to combat this. Andy (PT) said to keep the goal small, so this week I need to work on 'snack management'. This does not mean I cannot snack. It means that I develop a healthy concept of what things I can eat as snacks, at what time of the day and how to deal with snacking when I am out.


So, if you are interested in helping me keep accountable to my goal for the week (along with maintaining my food&exercise), there it is...


My personal challenge, to find some baking recipes that are low carb and low fat (preferably higher in protein). Under 20g carbs per serve. That might not be possible, but we will see.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy to hear you have achieved!

    I am sorry though to hear its been so tough...and totally understand how frustrating when you are in this 'research' stage...pray you be patient with yourself and not lost your head over it...just do your best babes...

    ReplyDelete